All Blog And Google Adsense Collection Tip And Trick

Friday 31 October 2008

About Your Blog in 140 Characters or Less

OK - here’s a little experiment for us to participate in this weekend. Below I’d like you to ‘pitch’ us on why we should read your blog. Read on to find out how.

I get asked these two questions a lot:
  1. Can you link to my blog on ProBlogger
  2. Can you recommend a blog on the topic of (insert topic here)

The answer to #1 is invariably no. It’s not that I don’t want to promote great blogs - but the reality is that if I promoted every blog I was asked to link to it’d take over this blog completely.

The answer to #2 is for me to sometimes give people a link but more often it’s a blank look. You see while I track the feeds of over 700 blogs that is just a drop in the ocean and the blogs I follow tend to be on just a couple of narrow topics.

So - what I want to do is give people an opportunity to promote their blog here on ProBlogger and an opportunity for others to find new blogs to read.

It’s all going to happen in the comments section of this post.

Here’s how it’ll work.

  • Over the next 48 hours I am leaving the comments of this post open for you to give an elevator pitch for your blog.
  • To keep the ‘pitches’ short - you have to do it in 140 characters or less.
  • You can ’sell’ your blog to us in any way you like as long as it’s 140 characters. Use humor, tell us what it’s about, tease us… what ever you want. Just keep it family friendly please.
  • Feel free to use your blog’s name in the ‘name’ field in the comments section and to leave the URL in the URL section to help you save on characters.
  • Please only pitch one blog to us. If you have multiple blogs just pick your best one.
  • After 48 hours I’ll close the comments on this post and will point people back to it and encourage them to surf through the list and find some new blogs to read. I’ll also encourage people to link up to the ones they find and enjoy reading.
    I’m not going to do a summary list of all blogs submitted (I suspect there will be quite a few) but I will pick out a few of my favorite elevator pitches to highlight in the 2nd post.
  • update - Please include the number ‘140′ in the comment. This will help us find any comments that are filtered as spam. The ‘140′ doesn’t get counted in your 140 characters.

Will this bring you tens thousands of new readers to your blog? Probably not - but it could bring a few, and they could bring others…..

I’m looking forward to seeing how you pitch us your blog (I think it’s important to be able to sell your blog in a few words so hopefully this is a useful exercise) but also to discovering some great new blogs! Your 48 hours starts…. NOW!

Share:

0 comments:

anda mau jual google adsense ??
Hub : 0878.7007.0555

Relation

Topic Relation :
Share |

Free Blogger Template

Lowongan Kerja

Total Pageviews

Recent Posts